Welcome to the Charity Open Data Page
The following “Open Data” compliant datasets are proposed.
- ds01_charity_summary : Methodology, Links to Data TSV , CSV, EXCEL
- ds02_charity_2012_expenditure : Methodology, Links to Data TSV , CSV, EXCEL
You can download these Datasets directly into Excel/Google Fusion Tables and being exploring the information.
External Datasets which may be relevant include:
- Revenue – Register of Charities (format Excel, contains charity number, official name and address)
Appendix A. Data Extraction,Transformation and Load
Tables that are used to filter queries and to select data.
- Charity : – charity register & categorization
- Expenditure Codes : – chart of accounts for expenditure.
Tables that list things we want to measure about the charity.
- things that we can compare charities across, forms the basis for rating.
A.3 Facts ( This is where we need your help !!)
- Please download the following Excel file to your computer CharityFinancialData.xsln
- Look at the example on the “Concern” sheet. – notice how the data is aligned in a highlighted table.
- Adopt your charity – select from Red/Green/Blue
- Format your sheets data
- Copy the table of data to a new excel file.
- Email it as an attachment to email@example.com
All of your data will be loaded into the Charity_Fact table and processed to build our datasets.